2013 New York Solar Energy Rebates and Incentives
The biggest New York solar rebates and incentives are handled through the NYSERDA PV Incentive Program, which processes solar rebates for customers of New York’s major electricity companies who have home PV systems installed. The Program can take up to 40% off the cost of a New York solar panel installation, and income and property tax incentives ensure back-end savings as well.
New York Government Solar Energy Rebates and Incentives
New York law grants cities and counties the option to offer a local sales and use tax exemption on solar electric systems as well.
Many towns exempt systems from local property taxes as well.
New York Utility Solar Energy Rebates and Incentives
- Central Hudson Gas + Electric Corporation
- Consolidated Edison Company of New York
- New York State Electric + Gas Corporation
- Niagara Mohawk Power Corporation
- Orange + Rockland Utilities
- Rochester Gas + Electric Corporation